She holds her hair up with only two chopsticks and a bobby pin.
Think Atlas. Think shoulders.
When your sadness starts to feast,
she carries the light down from the
mountain and hands it to you,
tells you to set it on fire.
Think Prometheus. Think savior.
On Sunday, she steps out of the shower
and you don’t think you’ve ever seen
anything more beautiful than
the way she walks towards you
with a towel on her head,
water clinging to her like there is
nowhere else it would rather be.
Think Aphrodite. Think sea foam.
You love her like mythology.
You love her like the impossible stories of Gods and monsters.
When she sings, think fairies.
Think mermaids. Think hymns.
She is the face of the river that
Narcissus fell in love with,
confusing hers for his own.
She is Medusa’s fury,
You are kissing her in a crowded
restaurant and it feels like praying.
You are watching her instead of the
and you don’t even notice.
Never fuck with someone who cries when they’re mad. They’ll stab you 48 times and cry in your stab wounds.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Don’t ever compliment me by insulting other women. That’s not a compliment, it’s a competition none of us agreed to.
"You’re not like other girls." Shut the fuck up. (via flowing-air)
*walks out of exam*
well i was successfully able to bullshit every answer on the test so i think i did okay
Don’t you dare
For someone else’s comfort -
Do not become small
For people who refuse to grow.